The Q Production Kit was designed as a
cost effective solution where multiple
unobtrusive microphones are required.
Whether for reality television, theater, sporting
events, film, or other pro video uses, the Q
Production Kit provides the accessories necessary for
a wide range of location sound applications.
The Production Kit includes:
● 3 QMSG1: Mini Shot Gun Microphones w/windscreens
● 3 QMB1: Mini Boom Poles
● 3 QB1: Bases for Mini Boom Pole (can be used as a base on the boom pole, a counterweight, or as a stand alone desktop base
● 3 QSM1: Shock Mounts for Mini Shot Gun Microphones
● 3 QGC1: Gooseneck Clamps
● 3 QSM4: Rubber Shock Absorbers (fits between QSM1 and QMB1/QB1/QM2 for extra insulation against handling noise and resonance)
● 3 QWJ1: The original WOMBAT Fluffy Wind Muffs for Mini Shotgun Microphones
● 3 QCBL2: 2 meter Q Compact Thread (male) to Q Compact Thread (male) black cables
● 3 DAAD: TRL TRS 3.5mm Adapters Black
● 3 QAD2: TRS 3.5mm (female) to XLR (male) Adapter Black
● 3 QBA2 AG4 1.5V Batteries (pair)
Th Q Production Kit revolves around the sleek, compact, lightweight, and durable, Q Mini Shotgun microphone, delivering superb audio quality with tight rejection capabilities. Being extremely travel friendly is the name of the game when running to get the shot, changing locations quickly, or setting up multiple mics in hard to reach places, i.e. in cars, on tree branches, from false ceilings, or on the putting green. The Q Location Kit will accommodate you anywhere multiple small-footprint, lightweight, high quality shotgun microphones are needed.Two kits provide a full 5.1 microphone surround sound solution.
Two Mini Boom Poles can be attached for a 3 meter boom arm. The base attaches to the mini boom pole for uses as a mic stand or counter balance. And the shock mount/shock absorber can attach directly to the base for low profile desktop stand applications.The microphones are self-powered using (2) 1.5v AG4 batteries. An optional QAD3 phantom powered adapter can be utilized for XLR balanced low-impedance audio with approximately 6dB more gain than the QAD2 passive 3.5cm (female) to XLR (male) adapters included with the kit.
Superlative audio quality
Pencil profile Q Mini Shotgun microphones
Compact and lightweight, yet extremely durable
Hypercardioid polar pattern for excellent on/off axis rejection
High SPL capabilities
Q Compact Connection System (QCCS) for solid twist-on connection convenience and flexibility
Detachable 2 meter QCCS cable
Optional QCCS adapter connectors are available for +48V XLR balanced low-impedance, and for all of the popular 3rd party wireless transmitters.
Specifications - Q Mini Shotgun Microphone (MSG1)
Capsule principle - Back electrets
Frequency response - 30hz > 18Khz
Polar pattern - line and gradient - Hypercardioid
Sensitivity -36dB @ 1v @1 Pa
Sound pressure level 124 dB @1 KHz
Capsule impedance - 600 ohms
Power requirement - 3v internal
Battery type - 2 x AG4 1.5V button cell batteries
Battery life - approximately 100 hours of continuous use
Size - Length 125mm Diameter 10mm*
Specification and designs subject to alteration without notice